So you can imagine my dismay when my boyfriend turned to me and said he wasn't a fan of the pudding. I immediately felt compelled to change his mind. A chocolate lover, I knew this ingredient had to be incorporated into the dish in order for it to be a hit. But I just didn't think chocolate chips would have been enough to convince him, I had to add another, secret, ingredient - Nutella.
It worked, he's converted. And the best thing? It's so simple to make!
6 chocolate chip brioche rolls (would work just as well with plain brioche rolls)
1/2 cup Nutella
Handful of chocolate chips
50g caster sugar
150ml double cream
1. Cut the 6 chocolate chip brioche rolls in half, and spread Nutella on one half and leave the other half plain
2. Lay out into the dish, alternating between a plain half and a Nutella covered half
3. Break 3 eggs into a bowl and beat together, then beat in the sugar
4. Add the milk & the cream to the mixture and whisk until well incorporated
5. Pour the mixture over the brioche rolls
6. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top
7. Leave to soak for about 40 minutes
8. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees, for 40-45 minutes.
Serve with ice-cream - delicious!