I woke up last Sunday morning craving pancakes for breakfast. I remember when I was little pancakes for breakfast was the ultimate treat and I still kind of see it that way. Toddling off to the kitchen I was majorly upset to find that I had no eggs; determined not to be defeated I resorted to Googling recipes of eggless pancakes so that I could get my fix.
I used a few recipe suggestions to come up with this mix. Don’t get me wrong they aren’t as good as pancakes with eggs but they turned out pretty well considering – still light and fluffy.
I made mine with peanut butter and chocolate chips but different flavour combinations could always be substituted – try mushed up banana with honey or apple and cinnamon.
1 cup of plain flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of olive oil
3 tablespoons of butter, melted
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
Handful of chocolate chips
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl
2. Add the oil and the milk to the dry ingredients and lightly whisk until all combined, smooth and bubbly
3. Add the peanut butter and chocolate chips and stir
4. Stir in the melted butter – this will mean you don’t have to cook the pancakes in butter/oil
5. Spoon a ladle full of the batter onto a hot frying pan
6. When the top begins to bubble the pancake is ready to be flipped, turn it over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes
Enjoy! Goes down well with a cup of tea :)
Follow my blog on bloglovin'