Wednesday, 4 September 2013
Gooey Chocolate Brownies | Recipe
Gooey, chewy totally chocolatey brownies... yum! Scrap the diets, these beauties are worth it.
Anyway, I made these for my friend's house-warming party and they went down a treat!
Ingredients (makes approx 25)
250g dark chocolate (55-70%)
400g unsalted butter
3 large eggs
250g soft brown sugar
250g caster sugar
80g self raising flour
35g unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 170c and line a square cake tine with parchment paper (depending on the size you may need two)
2. Break up the chocolate and melt over a bain-marie with the butter until smooth
3. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs with both the sugars and beat until thick and creamy
4. Pour in the chocolate-butter mixture and stir
5. Fold in the flour and cocoa powder slowly until everything is combined
6. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 25 minutes or until the point of a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean
7. Transfer to wire rack to cool and cut the brownies into squares to serve
Tip: leave them to cool in the tray for a while before transferring to a wire rack to stop them breaking apart.