Thursday, 3 October 2013
Sausage & Bean Stew | Recipe
Okay, so winter is definitely here. It's cold, wet, the heating has officially gone on and the boots and chunky knits are out of the wardrobe.
As much as I like to complain about the cold, I do actually like winter. Not the snow, the snow can do one. But I like that you can get all cosy, and put the fire on and have really warming filling home cooked dinners.
This stew is one of my mid-week staples, it's cheap, cheerful and the perfect comfort food for when it's grotty outside.
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 pepper, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 x tin of the three bean salad (contains cannellini, flageolet and adzuki)
2 x baking potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1 x tsp oregano
1 x tsp paprika
Splash of Worcester sauce
Splash of Tabasco
1. Grill the sausages for 10-12 minutes
2. Meanwhile, in a large pot fry the onion, pepper and garlic in a little oil until soft
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, the beans, the baking potatoes and simmer
4. Add the sausages to the pot along with the herbs, sauces and season with black pepper
5. Simmer on a low heat for 30-45 minutes
Serve with a slice of bread & butter or crusty bread roll
Follow my blog on bloglovin'
Follow me on Twitter