Tuesday, 19 November 2013
Creamy Pesto Salmon Pasta Bake | Recipe
Pasta has to be one of my favourite foods. Despite the fact I pretty much lived on it at University, I still love it.
So I always get quite excited when it comes to a pasta bake night! I had some salmon to use up; plus I was craving pesto. No one else get that? I could eat pesto out the jar with a spoon; but I try and control myself and just cook with it a lot.
Anyway, so this delightful mid week dinner was cooked up, and yeah it's bloody good so go try it!!
Apologies for photo quality - took it late at night with phone!
2 salmon fillets, cooked & broken up into flakes
3 teaspoons of pesto, plus extra for drizzling
1/2 pint of milk
50g plain flour
50g cheddar cheese, grated
250g penne pasta
1. Put the pasta on to cook
2. Whilst pasta is cooking, melt the butter over a low heat, add the flour and mix together to form a roux, add the milk and stir/hand whisk continuously until smooth and starting to thicken
3. Add half the grated cheese and stir until melted and combined
4. Once the pasta is cooked, drain leaving a little bit of the pasta water
5. Mix the white cheese sauce into the pasta, add the pesto and the salmon fillet flakes
6. Put pasta mix into ovenproof dish, top with the leftover grated cheese, black pepper and drizzles of pesto
7. Bake at 180 for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown
Follow my blog on bloglovin'
Follow me on Twitter