You know those people that are really hard to buy for at Christmas time? Well, my solution is to make them an edible gift; and this one is ridiculously easy, super speedy and most importantly, deliciously Christmassy.
So if you're stuck for a gift idea, or just want an extra indulgent treat this Christmas then why not give these a go? You won't regret it...
Makes 24 bars
200g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
175g unsalted butter
4 tbsp golden syrup
200g amaretti biscuits
75g dried cranberries
75g macadamia nuts
100g mini marshmallows
150g glacé cherries
icing sugar, to decorate
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup over a gentle heat until melted and smooth, then take off the heat.
2. Put the amaretti biscuits into a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin - you want some whole pieces, some slightly broken and other bits like sand.
3. Add the amaretti biscuits, cranberries, macadamia nuts, glacé cherries (whole) and mini marshmallows into the chocolate mixture and give it a good stir until everything is covered and mixed together
4. Tip the mixture into a square tray (you can use the foil throw-away ones, or I used a silicone one) and spread so evenly distributed
5. Pop in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, then once completely firm then take out of the tray, sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into squares
What's your favourite edible gift to make?
Follow me on Twitter