Friday, 21 August 2015
Recipe: Apricot & Honey Muffins
I've always been a bit rubbish with breakfasts during the week, usually I just grab a yogurt and eat it at work, but as I was starring at the apricots in my fruit bowl I had a light bulb moment. Breakfast muffins! Okay, I know they aren't the healthiest option but for a weekend breakfast treat, or for a quick snack to grab on the go these are perfect.
Containing fresh apricots, honey and oats these are naturally sweet so less sugar is needed in the mixture, and the oats mean that they actually fill you up!
Makes 12 muffins
250g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
50g butter, at room temperature
50g caster sugar
2 large eggs
2 tbsp honey
6 fresh apricots, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200c and line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
2. In a large bowl, rub the butter, flour and baking powder together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the sugar, the chopped apricots and the oats
4. In a measuring jug, beat together with a fork the milk and eggs and then add this to the dry ingredients and mix quickly with a wooden spoon.
5. Add the honey and give a final stir then spoon the mix into the muffin cases, filling them almost to the top.
6. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Leave to cool for a few minutes in the tray and then transfer the muffins out of the tray and onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Looking for more great apricot recipes? Check out these from my blogger friends:
Apricot Mousse from Natural Kitchen Adventures
Apricot Ice-Cream from Maison Cupcake
Apricot Spelt Loaf Cake from BakingQueen74
Apricot & Almond Chocolate Tart from Tin & Thyme
Apricot Tea Bread from Farmersgirl Kitchen